Is the Insidious: Chapter 4 a genuinely scary movie?



What is insidious? It is something or someone who works in a subtle or sly way. An insidious person is stealthily treacherous or deceitful. When I first heard about the Insidious: Chapter One, I told myself that I want to watch this movie. And I’ve been following this franchise since then. The series of this American horror films was created by Leigh Wannell.

After watching the first three chapters of Insidious, Insidious: Chapter 4 has become more interesting for me. I expected more from this chapter than the previous one. I was hoping it would be more terrifying than the last.

Insidious: The Last key – It is actually a good horror story. The comedy is quite good however this is supposedly a serious horror movie. The script centers around the character of Elise Rainier (Lin Shaye) as a parapsychologist and the full strength of this movie comes from her performance. This movie unlocks the humanity and tragedy that was left in the past. It is quite impressive when it comes to scaring the audience. The moments of terror impressed me on some aspects but it made me wish that there are higher levels than that. 


Let’s take a look at the story. Elise explores her dark past while trying to save the lives of everyone around her especially her newfound nieces. It’s likable. Her poor estranged brother Christian was also given punishment by their dad who may or may not have been haunted by the scary ghost. There are several moments that will psych you out and make you feel that something terribly wrong is going to happen. But then the timeline takes too long and you have to wait a little longer.

The sound effects, the old scary atmosphere of the sets, the doorknob jiggling and the floor creaking are good enough. People may enjoy this movie well enough. I just hope that this will not be the last franchise because of its limited appeal. I’m looking forward if Caitlin Gerard will be the next heroine for Insidious 5. Her potential makes me excited of what she can offer for the next chapter of Insidious.





Mga Komento